Monday, October 22, 2007

Wastebasket

Wastebasket

Crumpled papers on messy florid sheets
Lie desolately over the thoughts
That had frayed these sallow walls
And the ripples in my bed like the
Waves in a cerulean sea and the Clementine
Of the sun that sweeps the stillness
That refuses to be detached from my
Memory

Crumpled papers on messy sheets
Lie desolately over thoughts
That had filled spaces between the lines
With scribbled words that cannot be
Spoken nor typed nor concluded
For like shards of glass brushed on skin
It stings as if it cannot be detached from
My memory

Like the slim trail of ink
From my pen
In those crumpled papers
Are memories
Etched between the spaces of your brain
That will end up
In that green plastic wastebasket
To be detached from your memory

There’s a new blank empty paper waiting to be
Filled by your thoughts

- - -

this is my first attempt at this style of writing.. hehe so its still a bit awkward. :P

--oOo--

No comments:

About Me

I like to read and hear about the opinions and thoughts of other people...

Blog Archive